This week on The Gracie Note, music news on Taylor Swift’s launch of “Bad Blood,” Cher celebrates a birthday, Justin Bieber joins James Corden for #CarpoolKaraoke and Janet Jackson makes an important announcement.
G – Notes
- Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video
- According to Swift’s website, Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda” has held the Vevo record for most views in a 24-hour period since August 2014 with a total of 19.6 million views. The 1989 album artist achieved a new record of 20.1 million views and has raised the bar even higher for the next artist to meet.
Gracie Notes – What we can learn from the “Bad Blood” music video launch
1) Involve your friends to help spread the word
2) Use social media to create buzz
3) Pair the video launch with a live event
- Follow Taylor Swift on Tumblr
- Happy birthday, Cher!
- Check out Cher on Twitter
- Justin Bieber on “The Late Late Show with James Corden”
- View Bieber’s photos on Instagram
Janet Jackson – #ConversationsInACafe
- In the video, Jackson says in her signature voice, “I promised you’d hear it from my lips and now you will. This year: new music; new world tour; a new movement. I’ve been listening. Let’s keep the conversation going.”
- What do you think of when you read Jackson’s hashtag #ConversationsInACafe?
- Janet Jackson’s Dateline interview Part 1, Part 2
- Find Janet Jackson on her website
Follow Gracie Stanisci everywhere! Even on Instagram!